Profile Picture

RightEdge Exception

Posted By NorgateData 3 Years Ago
Can anyone help on this exception?

Current progress (249) was greater than max progress (50)
 at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(SystemData systemData, SharedSystemRunData runData, ServiceFactory brokerFactory)
 at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(String filename, ServiceFactory brokerFactory, PluginSettings dataStoreSettings)
 at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(String filename, ServiceFactory brokerFactory, PluginSettings dataStoreSettings)
 at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.Run(String filename)
 at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.RunSystem(SharedSystemRunData systemRunData)
 at RightEdge.SystemProgress.InitAndRunSystem()

Best regards,
Richard Dale
Norgate Data
Posted Tuesday November 25 2014
Are you using a custom data storage plugin?  This error can be caused by bugs in the data storage plugin.

RightEdge will call IDataAccessor.GetCount() to determine how many bars or ticks there will be.  If the number that it actually gets from the Load() calls ends up being different, you will get this error.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Tuesday November 25 2014
Thanks for your reply Daniel, you are spot on.
I'm developing a plugin and the GetCount() method was not returning correct data.

Best regards,
Richard Dale
Norgate Data
Posted Monday December 08 2014
Hi Daniel,
The notes for the "start" arg of the IDataAccessor.Load method say it is "The date of the first data item to load"
However if the plugin returns that date we have a dup in the data returned creating a progress error because there are more total bars returned than the GetCount method advised.
Only returning bars > the "start" arg seems to fix the problem.
Am I missing something?

What's the best way to contact you?

Regards,
Bob Ferguson,
Norgate R&D (PremiumData)

Best regards,
Richard Dale
Norgate Data
Posted Tuesday December 09 2014
It's OK if the Load method returns duplicate data.  The issue with your plugin is probably with the GetDateTimeAtIndex.  It needs to report the number of items with the same date before the one at the index specified.  You can refer to the code for the binary and SQL Server data storage plugins to see how they do it.

You can contact me via the forums or via email.  If your questions could be relevant to other RightEdge users and you are willing to share, I suggest using the forums.

Thanks,
Daniel