Profile Picture

doing Live trading to TWS/IB

Posted By kumaresh 2 Years Ago
I am new here at Right edge and like to know if we can do doing ""Live trading to TWS/IB""
can it send orders to TWS and close based on entry and exit conditions
I am using Ninja trader and TWS for now and wonder if Right edge can do this too
phg
Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)
Posted Sunday January 18 2015
In a word, 'yes', you can live trade with TWS.
TWS/IB also provides a 'demo' account and you can sign up for a 'paper' account, both helpful in developing and testing a strategy.

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Posted Sunday January 18 2015
phg (1/18/2015)
In a word, 'yes', you can live trade with TWS.
TWS/IB also provides a 'demo' account and you can sign up for a 'paper' account, both helpful in developing and testing a strategy.

thks Pete
I see the forums here are real dead like, dont see daily posts and discussion
I have installed and connected to TWS and charts pulled up, and created a new trading system and added indicator, and don't
know how to proceed next. read help file, and dont say about building trading system by drag and drop as I know nothing about programming
what forum category should I post this
phg
Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)Supreme Being (46,905 reputation)
Posted Monday January 19 2015
kumaresh,
It is not appropriate etiquette to cross-post on the forums. You should not do that.
RightEdge is a programming framework, or library, with a number of supporting facilities. To use this capability requires that you have some programming knowledge, C# or VB. Creating a simple strategy requires only a few lines of code employing RightEdge methods but it is essential that you have sufficient programming experience to create them.

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.