Profile Picture

Services Don't Show After Build 54 Update

Posted By octacomm 2 Years Ago
Our custom made service DLLs don't show in Configure Services anymore after upgrading to Build 54. We have one for example that loads data from our SQL Database. But it doesn't show in the list of configure services so we can't add it. We have 2 others that also don't show.

We upgraded on two computers, and on both the custom services don't work. Custom Indicators and custom system results work.

We don't see any problem with the code and they are compiled in net 4.5, unique ids ... but no longer show. What could the problem?

We reinstalled RE also, and copied just 1 service to the plugins folder and still nothing, we don't see it in the configure services tab in RE.

Edited: Monday March 30 2015 by octacomm
Posted Monday March 30 2015
I added members to the IService interface to support symbol source services.  This means you'll need to reference the build 54 version of common.DLL from your services, add those members to your implementations, and recompile.

Sorry for the hassle.  I will add a note in the release notes about this.

Thanks,
Daniel
Thank you very much for the quick response and no problem. We will try what you said and I will let you know if there is any issue.
Does the implementation has to consist something or it can be empty? We cant get it right.
Is it default? It doesn't work by default.

Could you give us an example of what should be done please?

Thank you in advance.
Return false from SymbolSourceAvailable and null from GetSymbolSource():

public bool SymbolSourceAvailable
{
  get { return false; }
}

public ISymbolSource GetSymbolSource()
{
  return null;
}

Does this help?