Profile Picture

Rightedge Status

Posted By sambwest Last Year
Hi,

What is the current status of Right Edge?  I see that there were regular releases up until March 2015 then they seems to have stopped. With almost a year since the last update, I wonder if it is still under development? Is there any sort of road map anywhere?

As a potential new customer I'm concerned about purchasing the old version then in a little over 3 months a new major version coming out. 

Thanks
Posted Tuesday January 26 2016
Hi,

A major upgrade isn't coming out soon, but regardless, when you buy a perpetual license you get the current major version along with the next major version.  See "What updates am I entitled to?" in the perpetual license section of the Purchasing FAQ.

A new "minor" version will be out soon.  Really, all the minor updates since RightEdge 2010 was released taken together could easily make a new major version or two.  Some of the major features added in these "minor" releases were multithreaded optimizations, optimization plugins, custom watchlist plugins, and systemwide margins.  The next build will also allow system results plugins to save images of charts.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Tuesday January 26 2016
Hi Daniel,
Great that answers my doubts, I had missed the 'next major version' entitlement. 
Thanks for clearing that up Smile
Posted Thursday January 28 2016
dplaisted (1/26/2016)
Hi,

A major upgrade isn't coming out soon, but regardless, when you buy a perpetual license you get the current major version along with the next major version.  See "What updates am I entitled to?" in the perpetual license section of the Purchasing FAQ.

A new "minor" version will be out soon.  Really, all the minor updates since RightEdge 2010 was released taken together could easily make a new major version or two.  Some of the major features added in these "minor" releases were multithreaded optimizations, optimization plugins, custom watchlist plugins, and systemwide margins.  The next build will also allow system results plugins to save images of charts.

Thanks,
Daniel

System results plugins to save images of charts - Nice work Daniel

Posted Monday May 16 2016
There have been 56 upgrades over the past 6-ish years? For a flat cost of usd 500 at any point in that window. Plus the next major release with whatever goodness happens to be in that tossed in for nothing extra.  Amazing really.