Profile Picture

RightEdge or Multicharts.NET or ?

Posted By wave Last Year
Hi Guys, newbie questions....

It would be VERY much appreciated if I could get some insights into what advantages RightEdge might have over Multicharts.NET before I make a decision (both C#)?

I'm looking to do general backtesting and ultimately system development mostly on equities (I need portfolio backtesting).
I'd also like to know if it's easy to use the software to run a 'daily scan' of the market, returning all stocks in a nice format (e.g. downloadable to Excel) that meet the criteria?
How easy is it to manage watch lists or use industry defined watch lists, such as the "S&P500" and utilise these in scans and back-testing?
I understand that there is a data manager for Premium data.  Would that run automatically in the background X times a day to keep data up to date? (as my current scanning software connected to Premium does?).
Do I use genuine C# in the programming?

Thanks VERY much,

wave

Edited: Tuesday August 09 2016 by dplaisted
Posted Wednesday August 10 2016
My 2c

I'm looking to do general backtesting and ultimately system development mostly on equities (I need portfolio backtesting). Yes

I'd also like to know if it's easy to use the software to run a 'daily scan' of the market, returning all stocks in a nice format (e.g. downloadable to Excel) that meet the criteria? Yes. I export to excel and upload to a website all from RE. It is full .net so you can basically do anything you can from a .net program.

How easy is it to manage watch lists or use industry defined watch lists, such as the "S&P500" and utilise these in scans and back-testing? OK. I do it via some code but the premium data plugin, once finished will do it in the background.

I understand that there is a data manager for Premium data.  Would that run automatically in the background X times a day to keep data up to date? (as my current scanning software connected to Premium does?). Yes. But Premium data is only snapshot data for ASX and no real time data.

Do I use genuine C# in the programming? Yes. And or vb.net

Posted Monday August 15 2016
What would be the benefits of RightEdge over QuantConnect (which is also C# & open source)?

Thanks again
Posted Thursday August 25 2016
Never used QuantConnet so not sure.