Profile Picture

Error: The service plugin IQFeed.IQFeedService threw an exception of type...

Posted By resgbpi Last Year

Error: The service plugin IQFeed.IQFeedService threw an exception of...

I have a working IQ Feed data service as it works fine in MultiCharts. However, I was testing out RightEdge, attempting to import CSCO on a 1 Minute frequency and received in the Historical Data Retrieval:
Error: The service plugin IQFeed.IQFeedService threw an exception of type System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

Got any suggestions?
Posted Thursday June 08 2017
Sounds like an error trying to connect to IQFeed. Be sure the IQFeed client is running.
Posted Thursday May 31 2018
I have the same. "Be sure the IQFeed client is running". The client starts up, connects and crashes. Username and password is correct. Client runs fine with Multicharts. I notice for another thread there is a problem with the symbol name where RE adds /USD at the back. So I set symbol to EURUSD.FXCM. RE turns this into EURUSD.FXCM/USD. How do I fix these problems? Anyone out there have IQFeed plugin connected and working?

Error detail:
The service plugin IQFeed.IQFeedService threw an exception of type System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
 at RightEdge.Shared.ServiceWrapper.DoError(Exception e)
 at RightEdge.Shared.BarDataWrapper.RetrieveData(Symbol symbol, Int32 frequency, DateTime startDate, DateTime endDate, BarConstructionType barConstruction)
 at RightEdge.DataDownloadForm.e64b3cdea993e9ab5847312ea7b270ae68d07c961772140bc26672c2ad164c34(Dictionary`2 )

Inner Exception:
An exception of type System.Net.Sockets.SocketException was thrown.
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:9100
 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
 at IQFeed.IQFeed.GetHistoricalBarData(Symbol symbol, Int32 frequency, DateTime startDate, DateTime endDate)
 at IQFeed.IQFeedService.RetrieveData(Symbol symbol, Int32 frequency, DateTime startDate, DateTime endDate, BarConstructionType barConstruction)
 at RightEdge.Shared.BarDataWrapper.RetrieveData(Symbol symbol, Int32 frequency, DateTime startDate, DateTime endDate, BarConstructionType barConstruction)
Posted Friday June 01 2018
The client was running, and no it's not a problem with it being off.

Given I couldn't use either, I stopped using IQFeed and RightEdge (I just use Interactive Brokers/TradeStation/Trade-Ideas if I want to backtest).
Posted Monday June 04 2018
I have solved my problem.

Only symbols for which you have valid subscription at IQFeed returns data, otherwise an error. Unlike eSignal, IQFeed does not return delayed data for free on all symbols.
Symbol names need to be precise and correct as per link : https://www.iqfeed.net/symbolguide/index.cfm?symbolguide=guide&displayaction=support&section=guide&web=iqfeed

Posted Monday June 04 2018
Also take note of this plugin : https://korytiak.com/Home/BlogPost?PostName=Quandl%20data%20adapter%20for%20Rigt%20Edge
Again instrument codes need to be precise. WIKI/AAPL eg. I am still struggling to get futures data by this path.