Profile Picture

Is the Broker Interface for Interactive Brokers Available for RightEdge?

Posted By steinhausq 11 Years Ago

Is the Broker Interface for Interactive Brokers Available for...

I would like to know whether the current beta release of RightEdge includes a functioning broker order interface to Interactive Brokers?

Is it possible to generate orders to IB from RightEdge at this time?

Are there any examples or code snippets on how to generate realtime orders to a broker from a RightEdge trading system?

Thanks!

Posted Monday August 14 2006
RightEdge will be released with the option to extend to live brokers.  The current beta does not have this functionality.  The next beta may or may not (it depends on the stability).  The final beta/release candidate will have this as it is a feature planned for v1.0.

Oddly enough, we plan on making Interactive Brokers our first broker plugin.  You will generate orders through the systems themselves.  Much like data feeds, RightEdge doesn't care where the data is coming from, it asks for the data, the plugin fulfills the request.  With the broker plugins, the OpenPosition call sets the parameters for the order, the order is sent to the broker plugin.  Whether this is a simulated broker or a live broker is not a concern of RightEdge.  I say this because there really won't be any example code that is particular to a broker using this design.

The nice thing about the design is that backtesting and real time code work exactly the same way.  What you're using now to write simulations will run exactly as is in real time.  Once you set the broker selection to Interactive Brokers from a simulated broker, nothing changes to RightEdge (only the the plugin name, of course).

Does that make sense?

steinhausq (8/14/2006)
I would like to know whether the current beta release of RightEdge includes a functioning broker order interface to Interactive Brokers?

Is it possible to generate orders to IB from RightEdge at this time?

Are there any examples or code snippets on how to generate realtime orders to a broker from a RightEdge trading system?

Thanks!