Trading System Samples (and more!)
At long last, we're confident that things are going to change infrequently enough that we've finalized our sample plugins and trading systems and included them in this installation. We've made a shortcut to the samples folder in the RightEdge program group. The samples included demonstrate how to create all of our various plugin types in addition to a number of sample trading systems. We'll be adding more to demonstrate more of our feature set.
With the release candidate available, we plan on making RightEdge available for purchase within the next week or two. However, we're not resting on our laurels, we still have a number of items that we'd like to address. Those items that are not critical enough to hold up the release, but deserve attention in the near term.
Expect to see some polls on our forums very soon to spark discussion on the top priority features for post 1.0.
Bugs Fixed Since Build 308
- 1027 RESO FIXE Fix SaveBars method in SQL data storage plugin
- 1023 RESO FIXE Update the plugin Visual Studio templates
- 1028 RESO FIXE SeriesCalculatorBaseWithValues sample error
- 983 RESO FIXE Investigate series "spike" on live systems
- 1032 RESO FIXE No open and close data for QuoteTracker
- 1035 RESO FIXE Allow spaces in symbol names
- 1041 RESO FIXE Colors not honored on text object
- 1043 RESO FIXE Backtesting broker is not saved (or restored?)
- 1047 RESO FIXE Documentation error in Getting Started
- 1046 RESO FIXE Orders are submitted against papertrader regardless of br...
- 1045 RESO FIXE Dates are clipped in system results charts
- 1039 RESO FIXE Start and end date and lead bar issues
- 1034 RESO FIXE Issues copying indicator back and forth between chart and...
- 827 RESO FIXE Implement X_TRADER plugin.
- 1042 RESO FIXE Volume does not seem to match between IB historical and live
- 1040 RESO FIXE "Delete and Purge" Issues
- 975 RESO FIXE Stop orders not filled at correct price in paper trader
- 897 RESO FIXE IB may reject orders and user has no way of knowing why
- 1012 RESO FIXE Equity curve chart needs work
- 1053 RESO FIXE Remoting exception in live system
After the successful download of RightEdge, double click the RightEdgeSetup.msi file. Follow the steps in the installation wizard and once the files are copied to their final destination, RightEdge is ready to use.
It is highly recommended that RightEdge is uninstalled before installing this refresh. In addition to running the uninstall (located in the Start/Remove Programs in the Control Panel), it is recommended that the RightEdge program folder is completely removed. After running the uninstall, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the RightEdge folder (the default folder is located in C:\Program Files\Yye Software) and delete this folder.
RightEdge creates a program group in the Start Menu. There are three items in the list, RightEdge, Getting Started Guide and RightEdge Developer Guide. It is highly recommended that you take a look at the Getting Started Guide to learn the basics of navigating around the software and understanding key features. Use the RightEdge Developer Guide to help build systems from code. The RightEdge Developer Guide is available online at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/Documentation/DeveloperGuide/index.html.
Beta testers have our full support resources available to them. For the short term, it is recommended that you post any problems to our public forums so that others may benefit from the solution provided. You may also use our support URL to send a message directly to our support staff at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/support.aspx. We can also provide others means of support (telephone, instant messenger, etc) on a case by case basis.
We look forward to your feedback.
The RightEdge Development Team