Profile Picture

IB Symbol

Posted By Fritz 9 Years Ago
I have installed RE 2008/1 366 and try to configure my watchlist with IB-Futures. All woks fine with ES,ER2,NQ,EMD,ZN and ZB but I cannot get historical data for YM, 6A,6B,6C,6E, QM,QG

I also have tried AUD instead of 6A but I always get the error no 200, IB-Symbol not correct.

How can I setup my watchlist for ib-futures ? 

Posted Tuesday July 15 2008
I just tried for the YM and was successful.  It sounds like you know what you're doing since you've set up other symbols, but maybe just a setting is off.  Below is my setup for YM.

Fritz (7/15/2008)
I have installed RE 2008/1 366 and try to configure my watchlist with IB-Futures. All woks fine with ES,ER2,NQ,EMD,ZN and ZB but I cannot get historical data for YM, 6A,6B,6C,6E, QM,QG

I also have tried AUD instead of 6A but I always get the error no 200, IB-Symbol not correct.

How can I setup my watchlist for ib-futures ? 

Thank you,

for YM-Exp.Date I have had 19th Sep; now with 18 Sep it works fine.  I also have got now the CME-Currencies-Data. I have to use the AUD instead of 6A and the 15th Sep 2008 for Exp. I think it will work with GBP, EUR, CAD, JPY and CHF too.

I'm still trying to get the ECBOT-Grains and NYMEX-Mini-Data but that has not worked yet.

The thing that usually helps me a great deal is to go into TWS and pull up the symbol there.  Then right click on the symbol in TWS and hit contract description.  It has all of the details regarding exp date, exchange, etc.  Then I put those values into RE and that usually solves any differences.

Fritz (7/15/2008)
Thank you,

for YM-Exp.Date I have had 19th Sep; now with 18 Sep it works fine.  I also have got now the CME-Currencies-Data. I have to use the AUD instead of 6A and the 15th Sep 2008 for Exp. I think it will work with GBP, EUR, CAD, JPY and CHF too.

I'm still trying to get the ECBOT-Grains and NYMEX-Mini-Data but that has not worked yet.

Posted Wednesday July 16 2008
Great tip, works now fine with all ib-futures-symbols, thanks!