Profile Picture

Non-Numeric Parameters

Posted By rsheftel 9 Years Ago
I would like to request that it be possible to have parameters whose values are strings or booleans in addition to the current numeric. This would make the parameter values easier to read as currently I need to use a 0,1 for FALSE,TRUE and a numeric->string lookup table to get in string parameters. I realize that these would not be able to be optimized, but that is ok. Thanks.
Posted Sunday October 12 2008
Logged as item 1261.

rsheftel (10/12/2008)
I would like to request that it be possible to have parameters whose values are strings or booleans in addition to the current numeric. This would make the parameter values easier to read as currently I need to use a 0,1 for FALSE,TRUE and a numeric->string lookup table to get in string parameters. I realize that these would not be able to be optimized, but that is ok. Thanks.
Posted Thursday February 19 2009
I did a workaround for bool Parameter.  I set a param (double) which if iz 0.0 then the system value is false or else true.  Works well so far.   The whole point, at least in my usage of parameters, was to be able to optimize and vary it as well.  I switch ON and OFF a business rule based on a bool param to see if the business rule has a positive or negative impact. 

RightEdge team, please include bool param as optimizable param please.  My 2 cents.