Profile Picture

Indicators and built-in methods

Posted By Atul H 8 Years Ago
QuestionMark Posted Monday February 23 2009
Hello fellow traders, RightEdge team, Bill, et el.

I have been working to use some indicators in my system and at one point, I needed to have the following indicators, which are absent or I couldnt find them. Do you have code for the following indicators?  If not, if you have algorithm of iFractals and other aspects used in the indicators, it would be of great help.

1. Support and Resistance (Barry)
  2. TRO 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor

Daniel, do you have a pointer for me to look at?  I couldn't find the algorithm for iFractals, though I found mq4 code for the above indicators, it didnt have definitions of iFractals.  I wanted to create these for RE-plugins.

Thanks,

AH

Posted Monday February 23 2009
If you are referring to the MT4 fractal indicator, there is a definition here.

HTH,
Mark
Posted Wednesday February 25 2009
Thanks Mark.  It helps understaind what it is, but this indicator is not present in RE.  Nor could I find pseudocode or c# code of the iFractals or the indicator.

Thanks,

Atul

Posted Wednesday February 25 2009
You're right the indicator is not in RE. I couldn't find any samples of this indicator either, but I think that's because it's not so much a "formula" as it is a bar pattern. It looks like it should be pretty easy to implement.

Fractal Technical Indicator it is a series of at least five successive bars, with the highest HIGH in the middle, and two lower HIGHs on both sides. The reversing set is a series of at least five successive bars, with the lowest LOW in the middle, and two higher LOWs on both sides, which correlates to the sell fractal. The fractals are have High and Low values and are indicated with the up and down arrows.

Here is another reference:

http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/techind/fractals.htm

The Investor/RT Fractal indicator is based upon the "Bill Williams Fractal" in the book "Trading Chaos" by Bill Williams, PhD. A fractal is an entry technique that is traditionally defined as "a bar that has two preceding and two following bars with lower highs (or lower lows, on a down move)".

Cheer!
Mark