Profile Picture

Programming the dll for the Pluggin folder

Posted By cycleforecasting 8 Years Ago
The right edge software has given me to learn C# to attempt to code my custom indicator for use in this platform. My indicator in C# is done but I am lost as to programming a dll. I understand the concept of a dll but not the method to carry out the task.

Can anyone help?
Posted Thursday May 07 2009
You need to use Microsoft Visual Studio to create a DLL. There is a free version of Visual Studio called Visual Studio Express.

Visual Studio Express web site.

You'll want to download and install the Visual Studio Express C# version.

You then want to create a "Class Library" (which means DLL).

Here's a tutorial on the topic of creating a class library. Once you successfully create the class library, copy it to the RightEdge/Plugins folder. Start up RightEdge and your indicator should show up in the tree.

cycleforecasting (5/6/2009)
The right edge software has given me to learn C# to attempt to code my custom indicator for use in this platform. My indicator in C# is done but I am lost as to programming a dll. I understand the concept of a dll but not the method to carry out the task.

Can anyone help?
Posted Monday June 29 2009
If I had 2 or 3 examples of a dll that plugs into Right Edge I think that I could finish my project. I have never written a dll before. Can anyone help?
Posted Friday October 02 2009
After some grinding I figured it out and here goes:

In C# Visual Studio, create a new class library, name it, add your code, add references as required, then build it. If it builds fine, close the solution and save the project in a chosen folder. In explorer, find the directory where the solution was saved, find the bin/release subfolder, copy the .dll file to RE plugin folder.

A good start is the sample indicators find on RE website.

Do I need to restart RE after a plugin is added?
Yes, you will generally need to restart RightEdge to have it pick up a new plugin.