Profile Picture

plugin for non supported broker

Posted By FlipFlop 8 Years Ago
Hi,
I was wondering how long (roughly) it would take to a software developer to implement a RE plugin for an unsupported broker.

Also, supposing the broker offers an API, what are the conditions required to be able to implement a RE plugin. For example what if the broker doesn't offer a .NET (C# or VB) plugin ? The FIX protocol seems to be quite popular among the brokers, could we code an RE plugin for a FIX broker API ?

Thanks in advance
Posted Tuesday May 19 2009
I really depends on the broker. Some are a real pain and full of bugs to work around which really set you back. Others are relatively straightforward. We've done some in as little as a couple of days and others we spent weeks on and still didn't get because of problems w/ the broker API. So we had to ditch it.

We have QuickFIX in our sites, but it is coming after Ed 2 and after TD Ameritrade.

FlipFlop (5/19/2009)
Hi,
I was wondering how long (roughly) it would take to a software developer to implement a RE plugin for an unsupported broker.

Also, supposing the broker offers an API, what are the conditions required to be able to implement a RE plugin. For example what if the broker doesn't offer a .NET (C# or VB) plugin ? The FIX protocol seems to be quite popular among the brokers, could we code an RE plugin for a FIX broker API ?

Thanks in advance