Profile Picture

Is Chart-Trading available in RE?

Posted By lijk1 8 Years Ago
IB-TWS has Chart-Trading function. It is definitely convenience for me to place order. Some trading softwares such as Wave59 and Visual Trader provide this function. Amibroker also provide sample code to realize that. However I can't find any word in RE talking about this function. So i want to know that is it prossible to execute Chart-Trading in RE ?
Posted Monday October 26 2009
I assume you're referring to discretionary trading. You have to be running a live system. But this system can do nothing.

See the Manual or Discretionary Trading help topic.

lijk1 (10/26/2009)
IB-TWShasChart-Trading function. It is definitely convenience for me to place order.Some trading softwaressuch as Wave59 and Visual Trader providethis function. Amibroker also provide sample code to realize that. However I can't find any word in REtalking about this function.So i want to knowthat is it prossible toexecute Chart-Tradingin RE ?
Posted Monday October 26 2009
Billb, thanks for your reply. I am not talking about Maual or Discretional Trading only. The function I asked is something like the advanced trading tool called ChartTrader in IB-TWS. This function is fast and easy to create an order by drag a line to the correct price location and then click to set the order in the chart.  To modify an order, just grab the line with the mouse and drag to the new location and it will change automatically in IB-TWS. The stop loss and profit target can set in the same way. For details, pls refer to TWS Help file for ChartTrader.

Since I am looking for a trading software which can work close together with IB-TWS, RE is one of my choice. I am attracted by the strong ATS ability of RE. Before I can finish to learn how to construct my ATS in RE, trading still keep going. If RE can provide the method similar to TWS ChartTrader, its definitely helpful for my trade.

Edited: Monday October 26 2009 by lijk1
Posted Tuesday October 27 2009
We do not have that feature. I've logged it as a request though.