Announcing RightEdge Beta 3, Build 284
Another refresh of beta 3 is available. This is another bug fix build and will most likely continue to be this way until release.
We'd also like to thank everyone in the forums for posting problems as well as ideas to make this a better product. We really do appreciate your time and patience.
The software can be downloaded from the following URL:
You're receiving this notification because you've signed up for our web site. If you know anyone who might be interested in trying our pre-release, please direct them to our sign up page (it's free, and we don't give out any of your information).
RightEdge is built on top of the latest Microsoft .NET Framework. Check to make sure the Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 is installed on your computer. If it is not installed, or you are not sure, please obtain this framework from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
This is a free download.
Please visit our forums (http://www.rightedgesystems.com/Forums.aspx) for all of the latest news and information and of course, to participate in our community.
ATTENTION INTERACTIVE BROKERS USERS
RightEdge is now built using the 9.0 version of the Interactive Brokers API. It may be necessary to download this update from the Interactive Brokers website.
This software can be found at: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/control/apicontrol.php?ib_entity=llc
Documentation & Samples
The documentation is progressing very nicely. The developer documentation has been wrapped up. We plan on keeping it in sync now for each release so that any API changes are reflected in the documentation. The program help is nearly complete. Each dialog with a Help button should now display context sensitive help. We're wrapping up some additional How-To pieces for help.
There are now real code samples for every type of RightEdge plugin. These are installed if you select the "Full" installation.
Sample systems that highlight various pieces of functionality are also in the works.
We're at the stage in the development process where we're fixing bugs and applying polish. We hope that you'll continue to report problems and provide your input on existing features to make them better!
Bugs reported on the forums have been assigned identifiers. We will provide a list of fixed problems since the last release. If the issue was not addressed, please let us know right away.
As always, this is pre-release software. Do not use this against a live brokerage account.
Bugs Fixed Since Build 280
- 690 RESO FIXE Discard ticks if they are coming in too fast to process
- 691 RESO FIXE Live charts do not work any more
- 694 RESO FIXE Detect situation where maximum backlog is never detected ...
- 692 RESO FIXE Make maximum live tick backlog a user-defined option.
- 649 RESO FIXE Add user defined chart increments
- 701 RESO FIXE Add Bollinger Band Width indicator
- 699 RESO FIXE Handling no bars
- 704 RESO FIXE DnD getting hosed
- 706 RESO FIXE Allow user-defined bar frequencies in watchlist folders
- 705 RESO FIXE Add Save As functionality for Trading systems
- 698 RESO FIXE Error in tick aggregator (Crash)
- 695 RESO FIXE Make Esc and Enter work with View File dialog
- 696 RESO FIXE Exception entering name of trading system
- 631 RESO FIXE SetInputs method needs sample code showing a few common s...
- 703 RESO FIXE Allow for system access in trigger code
- 669 RESO FIXE This DnD system throws an exception
- 709 RESO FIXE Pass the TickData structure in NewTick
- 673 RESO FIXE Modify Tick data database table for SQL and access databases
- 715 RESO FIXE Add Filled areas to charts.
- 714 RESO FIXE Add histogram support to charts.
Bugs Fixed Since Build 273
- 606 RESO FIXE Show the "full" name of the symbol on the symbol tree
- 595 RESO FIXE Cannot select a value on the Or Trigger
- 611 RESO FIXE Editor color configuration dialog is off
- 615 RESO FIXE Exposure > 100%
- 614 RESO FIXE Configure Services grid mispaints
- 309 RESO FIXE Make position label colors configurable
- 310 RESO FIXE Improve position labels
- 616 RESO FIXE Failed to locate or create chart pane
- 619 RESO FIXE SMA AD system crash
- 620 RESO FIXE Click on Exit Date in System Results crashes
- 617 RESO FIXE Rollover a chart object selects chart object
- 612 RESO FIXE Live data error when adding more symbols
- 621 RESO FIXE Live data window crash
- 448 RESO FIXE Report program errors via web service.
- 623 RESO FIXE No way to specify position size (shares)
- 626 RESO FIXE Cleanup Right click menu on Watchlist
- 628 RESO FIXE Cannot open chart from System Results
- 629 RESO FIXE Broker cash did not match bar statistics cash
- 625 RESO WORK Add Reference generates exception
- 635 RESO FIXE Risk Assessment not showing under heading
- 634 RESO FIXE Application disappears
- 641 RESO FIXE Old trades showing in a scan
- 640 RESO FIXE Loading a system with a reference that doesn't exist throws an exception
After the successful download of RightEdge, extract the zip file to a temporary directory and run the Setup application. Follow the steps in the installation wizard and once the files are copied to their final destination, RightEdge is ready to use.
It is highly recommended that RightEdge is uninstalled before installing this refresh. In addition to running the uninstall (located in the Start/Remove Programs in the Control Panel), it is recommended that the RightEdge program folder is completely removed. After running the uninstall, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the RightEdge folder (the default folder is located in C:\Program Files\Yye Software) and delete this folder.
RightEdge creates a program group in the Start Menu. There are three items in the list, RightEdge, Getting Started Guide and RightEdge Developer Guide. It is highly recommended that you take a look at the Getting Started Guide to learn the basics of navigating around the software and understanding key features. Use the RightEdge Developer Guide to help build systems from code. The RightEdge Developer Guide is now available online at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/Documentation/DeveloperGuide/index.html.
Beta testers have our full support resources available to them. For the short term, it is recommended that you post any problems to our public forums so that others may benefit from the solution provided. You may also use our support URL to send a message directly to our support staff at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/support.aspx. We can also provide others means of support (telephone, instant messenger, etc) on a case by case basis.
We look forward to your feedback.
The RightEdge Development Team